Reversed String Art
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Birch slab 11"x 14"
- Straight edge
- Hammer, nails, tacks & brad Kit
- Gold paint marker
- 2-3 different colors of embroidery thread
- Lightly draw a top line and bass line on the birch slab in the middle. Using a pencil, draw the word “Hope” in the middle of the birch slab, remembering that you will need to put nails on both sides of the letters.
- Every 1/4" along each side of each letter, make a dot with the pencil to indicate nail locations.
- Draw a line on the top edge and bottom edge of the birch slab. Draw dots on the lines every 1/2".
- From the nail kit, use the 1" nails with the small heads. Hammer in the nails about 1/8" on the dots around the letters and the top and bottom line on the slab.
- Using the embroidery thread, wrap around the heads of the nails, avoiding the inside of the letters. Tie off the ends of the thread around the nail heads.
- On the sides, wrap from one side to the other, tying off in the back as needed.
- Paint the tops of the nail heads gold with the paint marker.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd35065
Available for U.S. Shipping Only