Reversible Chair Pad / Beach Mat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-3/4 yds 54" home decor Fabric A
- 1-3/4 yds 54" home decor Fabric B
- 1-3/4 yds 1/2" polyester Batting
- 2-1/2 yds ribbon
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
DIRECTIONS: Seam allowance is 1/2" . RS= Right Sides
- Cut 22"x61" from Fabric A.
Cut 22"x61" from Fabric B.
Cut 22"x61" from Batting.
- Layer fabric, RS together, with batting on top.
- Stitch around all edges, leaving a 6" opening at the top for turning.
- Turn right side out; press. Topstitch opening closed.
- For seat fold line, stitch a line across the pad 27" from the top.
- Cut two 12"x22" pieces from Fabric A and two 12"x22" pieces from Fabric B for neck rest pillow.
- Stitch each fabric, RS together, leaving 4" opening for turning on 1 long side. Turn, press and slip stitch closed.
- Stack rectangles on each other. Stitch a 11/2" flange; leave 4" opening for stuffing. Stuff; stitch opening closed.
- To attach the neck rest pillow to the mat, insert the top of the mat between the flanges of one long side of the pillow. Sew close to flange stitching.
- Cut four 22" lengths ribbon. Sew one piece to each side edge of mat 8" from top. Fold remaining ribbons in half; stitch to edge of mat at chair seat seam.