Reversible Collar Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4mm round silver jump rings
- Silver 6-loop connectors
- Ox silver button clasp
- Silver rhinestone dangles
- Hematite crystal teardrop beads
- Silver eyepins
- Flat nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Create connectors by sliding one hematite crystal teardrop bead onto an eyepin and forming a simple loop. Repeat 21–23 times, depending on the size of the finished necklace.
2. Connect the crystal teardrop connectors and the 6-loop silver connectors in the following pattern: 6-loop, crystal, 6-loop, 4mm jump ring, 6-loop. Connect the crystal connectors directly onto the 6-loop connector by opening one end of the simple loop and closing like a jump ring. Use an actual jump ring when connecting two 6-loop connectors together.
3. Continue this pattern until there is a length of about 17", smaller or larger depending on the desired size of the finished necklace. Finish with a crystal, then a 6-loop connector.
4. At this point, there is a long chain of crystal connectors with 6-loop connectors hanging off of it. For each set of 6-loop connectors, connect at the dangling end with another 4mm jump ring. To the bottom loops of each pair, connect another row of 6-loop connectors with more jump rings.
5. The third and final row consists of adding 6-loop connectors horizontally.
6. Connect the clasp with jump rings on either side. Add some rhinestone dangles using jump rings affixed to the underside of the clasp.
7. The finished necklace is reversible and can be worn facing the front or back.