Ribbon & Beads Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18" bronze adjustable necklace chain with lobster clasp
- Bronze headpins
- Bronze eyepins
- Assorted ribbon: pink polka dot, cream, wide pink, pink and gold
- Assorted beads: pearl, faceted light pink, large round pink
- Scissors or pinking shears
- Wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Needle nose pliers
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Cut 15 3" pieces of ribbon, mixing and matching ribbon in order to have a variety.
2. Find the center of your chain necklace. 3" up from the center, tie a ribbon into the link on each side. Between these two ribbons, tie the remaining ribbons, varying the ribbons throughout. Add more ribbons until desired fullness is reached.
3. Thread a bead of choice onto a headpin. Push the bead to the end and, using your round nose pliers, create a loop just above the bead. Cut off the excess with wire cutters. Bend the loop open and place the bead on the chain. Fill in the chain with the various beads. Add 2 beads to a headpin to add more length. The more beads added, the fuller the necklace will be.
4. String a pearl bead onto an eyepin. Create a loop on the other side of the bead the same as Step 3, cutting off any excess. This creates a connector bead that has a loop on either side of the bead. Repeat so there are 12 pearl (P), 6 faceted light pink (FLP) and 3 large round pink (LRP) connectors. Attach the beaded connectors together by the loops in the following pattern: 3 P, 1 FLP, 1 LRP, 1 FLP, 3 P, 1 FLP, 1 LRP, 1 FLP, 3 P, 1 FLP, 1 LRP, 1 FLP, 3 P.
5. Once the strand is complete, connect the ends to the link just above the outer ribbons on each side.