SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 frame
- l-1/2' wired metallic red ribbon, 1-1/2" wide
- 3' wired metallic gold ribbon, 1-1/2" wide
- 1' wired metallic green ribbon, 1-1/2" wide
- Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
1. Using gold ribbon glue 1 end to back of frame. Bring ribbon forward to front of frame, pull tight & glue up to about 2" from bottom corner.
2. At corner bring ribbon under to create a corner & then over to create a beveled edge. Wrap to other edge of frame as done for first corner.
3. Repeat steps1 & 2 with red ribbon for remaining corners. Refer to photo.
4. Form rose by holding knotted end in one hand and begin to spiral, gathering ribbon around knot loosely with other hand. Wrap tightly at first to form a "bud", then continue wrapping lightly so that it flares out & acquires an open rose effect.
5. At end, fold raw edge down to meet gathered edge. Secure by wrapping wire length around knot tightly and catching in free end; cut wire end off. Adjust "petals" as needed to create desired effect.
6. To make the leaves, using the green cut approximately a 3" strip. Fold each end diagonally to center. Then fold each side towards center again, forming a point. Gather button end & wrap with wire to secure.
7. Place leaves with hot glue to desired area; then hot glue rose to frame.