Ribbon & Garland Window Dressing
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 floral garlands, green and cream
- Offray ribbon spools:
- 2 Wheatwave Black, 11/2" wide
- 2 Warabesque Black, 11/2" wide
- 2 Country Chic Black, 11/2" wide
- 2 White & Black Polka Dot, 5/8" wide
- 2 Warabesque White, 7/8" wide
- 3 Black & White Dippy Dots, 3/8" wide
- 1 pkg floral wire
- 1 pkg green floral tape
- Low-melt glue gun & glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- Window dressing fits a 30" window. Refer to photo for placement of floral materials.
- Cover several wires with floral tape. They will be used to wire the garlands together and attach the ribbons.
- Determine depth and drape of garland. Twist two garlands together. Bend and mold for a natural look.
- Start with wide ribbon. Make 3 loops, leaving 30" length for tail. Wire ribbon to the left side. Drape the rest across the top of the garland and attach to the other side. Trim all tails on an angle. With the same ribbon measure 30" and make 3 loops and attach to the right side. Do not drape this ribbon across the top. Trim ribbon tail length on an angle. Use remaining ribbon for a tail on the left side to match the one on the right.
- When positioning the ribbons it is important to add them in the same location so they don't become distorted.
- Repeat step 4 to add narrow ribbons between the wider ribbons. When adding the narrow ribbons make a large loop, varying the length of each loop, for added interest.
- Attach to window with wire and tack or nail.
- Garlands can be made with seasonal or holiday florals and ribbons to change the look of the window.