1. Cut jute into two 14-1/2" squares. Tip: Cut along jute grain for best results. Handle jute carefully as it ravels easily. Optional: Cut two 14-1/2" squares of dark fabric to act as a liner.
2. Optional: Stitch lining to wrong side of each piece of jute.
3. Zigzag jute edge to prevent raveling.
4. Use marker to draw a 2-1/2" circle centered, on right side of one jute square. (Tip: Use jar lid or a circle template to draw the circle.)
5. Cut 4 pieces of 3/8" wide ribbon, 9-1/2"–10" long.
6. Thread ribbon through tapestry needle so ends are even. Stitch ribbon to center circle, with needle entering 1/8" on each side of marked line. Needle should go between jute threads; do not split the fibers. Clip looped end of ribbon at eye of the needle, leaving a double layer of ribbon. Knot narrow or fine ribbon once against fabric to secure.
7. Repeat Step 6 around circle, spacing 3 remaining ribbon pieces evenly.
8. Repeat Steps 5 – 7 with next ribbon.
9. Continue repeating steps 5 – 8 with assorted ribbon until entire circle has been stitched.
10. Pin fabric squares right sides together. Stitch together with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving 8" at the center of one side to turn. Carefully turn right side out. Gently push out corners with a point turner. Press.
11. Insert pillow form. Pin the 8" opening closed. Slipstitch to finish.
12. Mark center of back of pillow.
13. Thread doll needle with 18" of waxed button thread. Stitch from back to front through center of pillow, leaving a long single thread tail on the back. Pass needle through front button from bottom to top and back down again. Push needle through pillow 1/8” from center point toward back of pillow. Remove needle, pulling thread ends evenly. Tie thread through back button so ends are under the button. Pull thread snuggly to tuft the pillow, pulling ribbons aside to expose front button. Hold back button down while knotting thread under button to prevent thread from slipping. Knot again to secure. Clip thread ends.
14. Trim ribbon ends diagonally 1/2". To expose the button, tuck some inside ribbon ends under button.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>