SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 paper standard or mini cupcake liner
- 1" wide strip of cardboard
- 1 Styrofoam® brand foam ball: standard cupcake liner uses 2½" diameter ball, mini liner uses 1" diameter ball
- Offray® Stylish Accents™ ribbon roses:
32 to 40 ribbon roses to make the icing
3 to 5 coordinating roses for top of cupcake
- 3 to 5 rhinestones for extra decoration
- Spool O’ ribbon: 1/4" or 1/8" for a single bow, 18" for a double bow or 27" for a triple bow
1. Starting with a cupcake liner, glue a strip of cardboard to the side pleats along the inside edge for added support.
2. Cut a Styrofoam® ball in half and glue cut side down to the pleats on inside upper edge of the liner.
3. For the icing, start just above the liner and glue a row of ribbon roses onto the foam closely together. Repeat adding rows of ribbon roses until close to the top.
4. Glue 3 to 5 coordinating roses at the top of the cupcake to create the topping.
5. Glue rhinestones to the centers of the topping roses.
6. Using ribbon, make bow and glue to front of the cupcake liner.
Variation: Double-layer cupcake:
Take one-half of a 2" ball and glue one-half of a 1" ball on top to form the double layer. Then glue to cupcake liner following directions above, covering the bottom layer completely in one ribbon rose and the top layer in a second coordinating ribbon rose and then top with a 3rd style coordinating "topping" of ribbon roses.