SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Luau
- White 100% natural fiber T-shirt
- Paper plate or other circular object for template
- Washable marker
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Wash shirt and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Fold shirt in half lengthwise. Use paper plate as template to draw a half circle along centerfold with washable marker.
- Pleat along this line so that the marker forms a straight line across the tops of pleats. Secure a rubber band tightly along this line.
- Add additional rubber bands outside of the first as desired.
- Mix dye colors as instructed in package directions. Colors used here are Lime, Teal, and Orange.
- Apply dye colors to tied sections of shirt in desired color order.
- Cover shirt with plastic and allow to set 6-8 hours.
- Remove bands from shirt and rinse under running water to remove excess dye.
- Wash and dry shirt as fabric requires.