Roman Shade with Accent Trim
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 40"x70" Roman Shade
- June Tailor® Roman Shade Kit
- 3 yds 54" main shade fabric
- 2/3 yd accent trim fabric
- June Tailor® Tacking Tool
- Measuring & marking tools
- Fabric cutting tools
- Iron & pressing surface
- Drill, phillips-head screwdriver bit
- Staple gun
- Fusible tape
1. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions included with the Roman Shade Kit to measure and cut the main shade fabric.
2. Cut accent fabric in 4-1/2" strips.
3. Using fusible tape, piece multiple accent fabric strips to obtain the length of the main shade fabric. Make sure to match pattern when piecing. Make 2 Strips.
4. Also, cut two strips 4-1/2"x16" for valance.
5. Fold and press each long edge under 3/4". Repeat for both shade strips and valance strips (4 strips total).
6. Measure and mark 7" in from sides of main shade fabric. Align each fabric strip with marking and using fusible tape, secure both edges of the accent fabric strips to the main shade fabric.
7. Continue making shade per the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions included with the Roman Shade Kit to construct the valance and cover with the main fabric. DO NOT attach the hanging brackets at this time.
9. Fold and press under 1", the short raw edges of the valance strips.
10. Measure and mark 8-1/2" in from either side of the valance. Align each valance fabric strip with markings. Double check that the position of the fabric strips will align with the fabric strips on the shade.
11. Wrap around valance so loose ends appear on the back side of the valance and secure using staple gun.
12. Attach the valance hanging brackets and complete the Roman shade per the manufacturer’s instructions included with the kit.