Rose Chintz Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Legacy Studio™ quilting fabrics:
3/4 yd Rose Chintz Flower Heads fabric for center squares
1 yd Rose Chintz Tonal Rose Tan fabric for blocks, cornerstones & binding
1 yd Rose Chintz Tonal Rose Pink fabric for blocks & inner borders
3/4 yd Rose Chintz Tossed Leaves fabric for sashing
3/4 yd Rose Chintz Flower Buds fabric for outer borders
3 yds fabric for backing
- 50" square of batting
- Basic sewing & quilting supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
Notes: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout. WOF = width of fabric
1. Fussy cut nine 4½" squares from Rose Chintz Flower Heads for the center of each block.
2. Cut eighteen 3¾" squares from the Rose Chintz Tonal Rose Tan. Cut each square in half diagonally. Stitch long edge of a triangle to each side of the center square. Press seam allowance toward the triangles. Square up each pieced unit to 6-1/8". Make nine pieced units.
3. Cut eighteen 5" squares from Rose Chintz Tonal Rose Pink. Cut each square in half diagonally. Stitch long edge of a triangle to each side of the center pieced unit. Square up each block to 8½".
4. Cut twenty-four 2½"x8½" rectangles from Rose Chintz Tossed Leaves for sashing. Using photo as reference, stitch sashing rectangles to three blocks to make a row. Press seam allowances toward the sashing. Make three rows.
5. Cut sixteen 2½" squares from Rose Chintz Tonal Rose Tan. Stitch four squares to three rectangles to make a row. Make four rows. Stitch sashing rows to block rows alternating as pictured.
6. Cut four 1½"xWOF strips from Rose Chintz Tonal Rose Pink for inner border. Measure across center of block unit. Cut two strips to that measurement and stitch to top and bottom of block unit. Measure from top to bottom of center unit and cut two strips to that measurement. Stitch to sides.
7. Cut four 5"xWOF strips from Rose Chintz Flower Bunds for outer border. Stitch short ends together. Measure, cut and stitch as for inner borders.
8. Piece backing as needed to make a 50" square. Layer quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired.
9. Cut five 2½"xWOF strips of Rose Chintz Tonal Rose Tan for binding. Stitch short ends together. Press with wrong sides together and long edges even. Stitch binding to quilt, right sides together, with raw edges even. Turn and whipstitch binding in place.
Approximate Size of Quilt: 44" x 44"