Rose Ombre Cake in 5 Easy Layers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Rose Icing Color
- Easy Layers!™ Cake Pan Set
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 6" Cake Circles
- 11" Straight Spatula
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lbs.
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tip: 18 (five needed)
- Favorite white cake mix (1 mix needed)
- Plastic ruler
- Food-safe scissors
1. Make layered cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Divide batter into five equal portions. Use rose icing color to tint each portion of batter a different shade of rose, from light to dark. Start with darkest shade and then gradually add less rose color to batter for lighter shades. Remember to mix batter between additions to check color. You only need a little icing color at a time to tint. Bake and cool cake layers in pan set according to pan package directions.
2. Ice cake. Place darkest cake layer on cake circle. Use spatula and white decorator icing to ice top of layer smooth and stack next layer. Continue icing and adding layers from darkest color to lightest color until cake is stacked. Use spatula and white icing to ice cake smooth.
3. Decorate cake. Divide decorator icing into five equal portions. Tint each portion a shade of rose from deep to light. Start with darkest color and then gradually add less color for lighter shades. Remember to mix icing between additions to check color. Use toothpick to mark cake 1/2" below top of cake and then mark 1" around the cake. Use tip 18, a cut disposable decorating bag and lightest rose icing to pipe rosette on the first row of marks. Continue piping rosettes below first row, working from lightest to darkest shade of rose.