SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red 10/0 seed beads
- Red Luster 10/0 seed beads
- Bronze rondelles
- Silver 26-gauge wire
- Floral tape or green satin ribbon
- Alligator clip
- Round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Cut two lengths of 26-gauge wire and string 5 seed beads on both. Position this starting set of beads so that one wire has 5" on one side of the bead and 31" on the other side of the bead. Position the second wire exactly opposite – 31" on one side and 5" on the other. On the longer side wire, string about 8 more seed beads. Bend the wire at the end of these beads so the seed beads are at a right angle to the starting 5 seed beads. Form those seed beads up along the contours of the others. Wrap the wire once around the wires to secure both together.
2. String more seed beads onto the long wire that’s already on the closest side. Once again form them up the contours of the other side of the beads. Wrap the wire there once, and switch wires. Continue adding beads and wrapping the long wire once at the end of each row, adding more seed beads each time as the petal gets larger.
3. Create 14 petals, plus two inner petals using the Red Luster seed beads.
4. Create a small loop of 10 brown rondelles for the center of the rose.
5. Gather the petals in a flower shape and twist the free ends to secure them together.
6. Secure this twist with more wire wrapped around it.
7. Trim and hide the ends with floral tape or satin ribbon.
8. Add an alligator clip and hide this as much as possible with more satin ribbon.