Rosette Chair Back Covers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- David Tutera™ Fabrics Chiffon Ribbon fabric (determine yardage needed based on chair measurements. See directions – Step 1)
- Matching 45" cotton fabric (the same yardage as Chiffon for the lining)
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Measure the width of the chair back at the widest part. Add 2" to this measurement.
2. Measure the chair back from the top to your desired length. Add 1-1/2" to this measurement. This is the yardage needed. If the chair back measures 14" long, 1/2 yd. is needed.
3. Cut 2 pieces of fabric and 2 pieces of lining, the length and width from Step # 1.
4. With right sides together stitch the outer fabric together on both sides and across the top. Stitch the lining in the same way but leave a 4" opening in the top for turning.
5. Place the lining inside the outer cover placing right sides together. Line up the bottom raw edge and stitch around the bottom.
6. Turn right side out through the opening. Hand or machine stitch the opening closed. Place the lining inside the cover.