Royal Celebration Molded Fondant Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies
- 8"x2" Round Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 13" Angled Spatula
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub
- Decorator Preferred Fondant: Purple (12 oz.), Blue (12 oz.), White (1½ oz.)
- Roll-N-Cut Mat
- 20" Fondant Roller
- 20" Fondant Roller Guide Rings (orange used)
- Fondant Smoother
- Fondant Trimmer
- Lace Fondant and Gum Paste Mold
- Brush Set
- Favorite cake recipe or mix (8 cups batter needed)
Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cake and allow to cool. Stack and fill for a 2-layer cake, 4" high.
Cover cake with fondant. Use spatula and icing to lightly ice cake smooth. Knead purple fondant with blue fondant. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out fondant 1/8" thick. Cover cake with fondant. Reserve remaining fondant. Keep covered so fondant stays pliable.
Decorate cake. Knead remaining fondant with white fondant. Use lace fondant and gum paste mold and lighter fondant to mold pieces according to package directions. Use damp brush to attach fondant pieces to cake.
Project Tip: It’s easy to add intricate details to fondant-covered cakes using Wilton Decorator Preferred Fondant and Fondant and Gum Paste Molds.