Size: Fits Most
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4-5 different coordinating cotton prints, 3/8 yd. each
- Coordinating thread
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Chalk or marking pen
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
SEAM ALLOWANCES 5/8".
- Cut one front bib following pattern
- Cut one apron 19 ¾" x 22 ¼" (LxW)
- Cut one bib ruffle 4 ¼" x 24"
- Cut one top ruffle 8 ¼" x 30" (LxW)
- Cut one bottom ruffle 11 ¼" x 30" (LxW)
- Cut 2 waist ties 4" x 27"
- Cut 4 neck ties 2" x 21"
- Make ¼" narrow hems on angled front bib sides and top edge. Set aside.
- Make ¼" narrow hems on bib ruffle at short sides and one long edge.
- Gather top edge of bib ruffle. Pull bobbin threads so bib ruffle fits to top edge of front bib.
- Stitch ruffle to bib. Press.
- Make ¼" narrow hems on short sides of apron front and one long edge.
- Make ¼" narrow hems on top ruffle at short sides and one long edge.
- Gather top edge of top ruffle. Pull bobbin threads so top ruffle fits to top edge of apron.
- Stitch ruffle to apron, raw edges even.
- Make ¼" narrow hems on short sides of bottom ruffle and one long edge.
- Gather top edge of bottom ruffle. Pull bobbin threads so bottom ruffle fits edge to edge on apron. Pin ruffle edge approx 4" below top edge of apron. Stitch.
- Stitch bib to apron.
- For waist ties, fold each lengthwise, right sides together and stitch along one short edge and long edge. Seam allowance should be ½".
- Trim seams and clip corners. Turn right side out and press.
- Pin ties to wrong side of apron at top edge. Raw edges even. Stitch.
- For neck ties, fold all edges to wrong side ½". Press.
- With wrong sides together lay straps on top of each other with folded edges even. Edge stitch along folds.
- Stitch to top edge of apron bib at sides with raw edge and folded edges even.
- Press seam allowance to wrong side. Edge stitch along top edge.
Ruffle Aprons is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Donna from Terrible instructions I was so excited to buy a half yard bundle of coordinating fabric to make this apron. The first problem came when I went to cut out one of the pieces. The measurements couldn't be cut from a half yard which is actually larger than the supplies called for (3/8 yard). Then if I followed the directions as written for the top ruffle it would have a raw edge visible. Then there were no instructions for attaching the bib to the bottom. I gave up following the directions and finished it my own way. Luckily I have some sewing experience and could do that. Next time you develop a pattern I suggest you have some people try it out first.
Date published: 2015-04-20
Rated 2 out of 5 by Linda from PDF is not correct Don't download PDF it is not correct. You have to go to supplies and instructions. I called and emailed about this pattern. Not only did it not give finishing instructions for the bib ruffle, it did not include the size of the apron piece. The sewing instructions now give the size of the apron piece.
Date published: 2012-09-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by amandalou from Poorly written I'm an experienced at sewing and found these instructions poorly written and lacking in detail. I still don't see where it says to attach the bib to the apron. The information regarding attaching the ruffles is also very vague. I finally just put it together using common sense sewing skills... my first time using a joann ''pattern'' and last... also the ''pattern'' piece for the bib doesn't print to scale. I had to just draw one using measurements. Pretty sad ''pattern''
Date published: 2014-04-23
Rated 2 out of 5 by LeRoysMom from Confusing non-information Spent several hours looking for this project, now I know why I could not find it. Says it is an apron and not a dress, as I thought. Now I can tell that by knowing what they are. But, these instructions are not clear enough to send to my sister, who is not as experienced as I am. I could have created instructions and a pattern for these in less time than it took me to try to find the project information. Also, It is not clear what size these are. I think the project idea is very cute, but it would have nice if it was a little easier to find. You have many very interesting ideas in your projects, that I have put into my own files. But, I haven't read all the instructions. I hope they aren't all like this one. I recommend the project idea, the photo is very cute, but the instructions could use some help.
Date published: 2014-06-24
Items in This Collection
Item # 9536897
Available for U.S. Shipping Only
Item # 1072735
Available for U.S. Shipping Only