SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1½ yd muslin
- 16" square pillow form
- 1 spool coordinating thread
- Sewing needle
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Chalk or marking pen
All seam allowances 1/2".
1. Cut 2 pieces of muslin 17"x17".
2. Cut six strips of muslin 2½"x35".
3. Stitch down center of each strip using a long stitch or baste stitch.
4. Gather each strip to 17".
5. Space ruffles evenly apart on front in a vertical direction and pin in place. Be sure to leave enough room for 1/2" seam allowance at sides.
6. Stitch ruffles in place.
7. Once ruffles are in place, stitch front and back together with right sides together. Leave a small opening for turning.
8. Clip corners and turn inside out.
9. Insert pillow form and hand stitch opening closed.