Ruffled Key Fob
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 10”x8” fabric
- Ruffled Elastic
- Key Fob Hardware Set
- Wash Away Wonder Tape
- Fray Check™
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Staple remover (optional)
- Tape or small cloth (optional)
1. Measure and cut fabric to 10”x8”. Cut the elastic to 10”.
2. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise, by joining the two 10” sides. Press the fold with iron. Repeat.
3. Unfold the second crease just created, and fold the two long edges into the center fold. Press the folds.
4. Fold in half and press. The finished piece should be approximately 10”x1”.
5. Topstitch the long edges to secure the folds.
6. Use the Wonder Tape to temporarily secure the elastic strip to the fabric. Sew right through or, use straight pins.
7. Sew the elastic to the fabric. Apply Fray Check to the ends.
8. Fold the fabric strip and insert into the hardware. Close with pliers.
Note: Wrap pliers in tape, or use a small cloth to protect the hardware from the grips in the pliers.
9. Attach the ring to the hardware.