1. Measure and cut fabric to 10”x8”. Cut the elastic to 10”.
2. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise, by joining the two 10” sides. Press the fold with iron. Repeat.
3. Unfold the second crease just created, and fold the two long edges into the center fold. Press the folds.
4. Fold in half and press. The finished piece should be approximately 10”x1”.
5. Topstitch the long edges to secure the folds.
6. Use the Wonder Tape to temporarily secure the elastic strip to the fabric. Sew right through or, use straight pins.
7. Sew the elastic to the fabric. Apply Fray Check to the ends.
8. Fold the fabric strip and insert into the hardware. Close with pliers.
Note: Wrap pliers in tape, or use a small cloth to protect the hardware from the grips in the pliers.
9. Attach the ring to the hardware.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>