Ruffled Pet Collar
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique™:Fold Over Elastic (FOE) - pet' neck measurement + 2"PUL - 1-1/2"x(1-1/2 times FOE measurement)Snap Pliers and Snaps - 1 set
- Dritz® straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Measure pet' neck for a snug fit. Cut FOE to measurement + 2".
2. Cut strip of PUL 1-1/2"x1-1/2 times FOE measurement. Optional: PUL can be cut wider for a larger dog. Starting about 2" from end of FOE, match wrong side of PUL to right side of FOE. Pin to hold in place. Pin other end of PUL to FOE, 2" from other end. Position in sewing machine with PUL (right side down) and FOE on top.
3. Using a zigzag stitch, take 1 or 2 stitches and backstitch to secure. Put needle in the down position.
4. Stretch FOE to match length of PUL and center on PUL. Hold both pieces with one hand. With the other hand, grab FOE behind the needle and hold tightly.
5. Stitch down middle of FOE with zigzag stitch while holding both ends tightly. If it is necessary to reposition your hands, put the needle in the down position before letting go. Reposition hands and continue to stretch FOE and hold PUL firmly while sewing. Backstitch to secure. Relaxed FOE will “gather" PUL into a cute ruffle.
6. Turn ends under 1". Apply snap so collar ends will overlap.
7. Snap collar around pet' neck.