Ruffled T-Shirt Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 T-shirt, sized to fit
- 2 extra large T-shirts
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
Note: Use 1/2" seam allowance
1. Lay extra large T-shirts out flat with hems even.
2. Cut 10" off the bottom of each shirt; cut open one side of each.
3. With RST, sew cut edges together for ruffle.
4. Cut the bottom hem off of the T-shirt that fits for dress.
5. Mark sides and centers of ruffle and dress.
6. Sew a gathering stitch along top edge of ruffle.
7. With RST, match sides and center marks; pull gathering to fit.
8. Sew or serge ruffle to dress.