Ruffled T-Shirt Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 14” pillow form
- T-Shirt (size Adult XL)
- 1/2 yd medium weight fusible interfacing
- Chalk or disappearing fabric marker
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. Lay t-shirt flat on cutting surface.
2. Cut off hem of t-shirt.
3. Cut 4 - 2” strips, cut each strip in half.
4. Cut 2 - 15” squares.
5. Follow manufacturer’s directions and fuse interfacing to back of one 15” square.
6. On right side, use marker to draw lines every 2”, beginning 1-1/2” from bottom edge.
7. Sew a gathering stitch down center of 7 - 2” strips.
8. Beginning and ending 3/4” from side edges lay a strip along the first line and pull gathers to fit across pillow front.
9. Stitch over gathering stitching.
10. Repeat with each strip.
11. With RST, stitch front to back, leaving an opening in the bottom for turning.
12. Trim interfacing to stitching and clip corners.
13. Turn right side out, insert pillow and slip stitch opening closed.