SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 extra large T-shirts
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Enlarge pattern.
2. Cut sleeves off one t-shirt at seams; set aside.
3. Cut T-shirt apart at shoulder seams and sides.
4. Fold front piece in half and place pattern on fold with bottom edge at hem. Cut.
5. Fold back piece in half and place pattern on fold with bottom edge at hem. Cut.
6. With RST, cut sleeves with bottom edge at hem.
7. From remaining T-shirts, cut 7 strips 2-1/2" wide.
8. Cut each strip 1-1/2 times the width of the front.
9. Gather each strip.
10. Beginning with the bottom strip even with hem, adjust gathers to fit and sew 1/4" from top edge of ruffle.
11. Repeat with the next 6 strips following marked lines (2"" apart)
12. After the last strip is sewn in place, fold the T-shirt top down and stitch 1/4" from fold on inside to cover ruffle edge.
13. Sew shoulder and side seams together using a 1/2" seam.
14. Make a narrow hem around neckline.
15. Set in sleeves.