Ruffled Witch Hat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 skein Red Heart® Boutique Sashay® Team Spirit™ yarn: Orange/Black
- Scrap of acrylic yarn
- Witch’s hat
- Yarn needle
- Fabric glue or needle and thread
- Ruler or tape measure
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
Gauge is not important for this project.
Refer to photo.
1. Cut a length of acrylic yarn that measures 12" longer than the circumference of the hat brim. Thread onto needle.
2. Pull a length of Sashay® Team Spirit™ yarn from skein. Sew a running stitch through larger holes along one edge. Pull yarn needle tight, gathering the yarn into a ruffle.
3. Once ruffle is long enough to go around brim, cut yarn.
4. Position ruffle around hat and knot yarn ends together. Glue or sew ruffle to brim of hat, making sure that ends are secure.