Ruffles and Ribbon Key Fob
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 28"x2-1?2" strip of fabric
- 10" of 3/8" ribbon
- Dritz® tools & notions:
- Key Fob Hardware Set
- Wash Away™ Wonder Tape
- Fray Check™ liquid seam sealant
- Loop Turner
- Belle Buttons™ dangle
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- 2 sets of needle-nose pliers
- 5mm jump ring
- 3mm jump ring
- Staple remover(optional)
- Small cloth or tape (optional)
RS = Right sides.
1. Fold fabric in half lengthwise, with RS together. Stitch with 1/4" seam. Turn RS out with the Loop Turner.
2. Press the casing flat with the stitched seam in the center of one side.
3. Use seam as a guide. Stitch 2 basting rows 1/4" apart with seam between them.
4. Start at one end; gently pull the 2 bobbin threads to gather ruffle. Work from both ends until ruffled casing is 10" long. To hold it temporarily, tie the top thread to its bobbin thread at all four ends.
5. Apply the Wash Away™ Wonder Tape to the back of the ribbon. Finger-press it down the center of the ruffle, to conceal the seam.
6. Stitch the ribbon to the ruffled base. Remove visible basting stitches.
7. To attach the Belle Button™ dangle to key fob clamp, use pliers to twist open the 5mm jump ring & slide through the triangle in the clamp. Close. Open the 3mm ring, slide on the button; close ring around button and the 5mm ring.
8. Trim the ends of the ruffled base if necessary and apply Fray Check™ liquid seam sealant. Fold and insert the ends into the clamp. Close with pliers. Note: Wrap pliers in tape or use a small cloth to protect hardware from the grips in the pliers.
9. Attach the ring to the clamp with a staple remover to prevent damaging your nails. Insert the points of the staple remover between the two coils of the ring and squeeze to separate them.