1. Mark the size of the pillow insert on the rug using duct tape stuck onto the rug as a guide. Cut cushion front covers the same size as the pillow inserts and do not add a seam allowance.
2. Cut out along the center of the duct tape and through the rug with the Amplify scissors.
3. Adding extra duct tape to the back of the cut ends will help to keep the rug from fraying.
4. Set the machine up for sewing heavy fabrics including the use of a needle suitable for sewing canvas or denim.
5. For the backing, cut a piece of canvas or denim the width of the insert by 1-1/2 times the width of the insert. Cut length in half. For example, if the pillow inserts are 20"x20", cut fabric 20"x30". Then cut into two pieces of 20"x15". Hem one long end on each piece of fabric by folding twice to the wrong side and stitching.
6. Pin the canvas to the rug with right sides together and with the hemmed ends towards the center back, and sew through all layers. If the rug is too thick to pin, consider using binder clips to keep the layers together while sewing.
7. Clip the corners for a neater finish and turn the cushion cover right side out through the opening at the back. Depending on how much the rug frays, you may want to leave the duct tape on.
8. Push out the corners with a blunt tool and insert the pillow into the cover through the opening.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>