Rustic Paper Mache Angel
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache cone
- Burlap of choice
- Cream-colored acrylic paint
- Glitter of choice
- Brown pigment ink
- Seasonal embellishment of choice
- Foam brushes
- Sponge dabber
- Hot glue
- Mod Podge
1. Put paper down on workspace.
2. Paint the angel with cream-colored acrylic. Allow to dry.
3. Cut burlap in strips and hot glue to the cone body.
4. Wrap twine around the cone, top to bottom. Glue in place.
5. Cut 2 sections of jute for the hair – about 12" long. Take one section, coil and glue to the top of the head and one side of the head. Coil and glue the other section to the side and back of the head.
6. Add some pigment ink onto the cheeks with a sponge dabber.
7. Cut another 12" section of jute. Glue the ends together to form a loop. Bring the center sections together, glue and wrap a small section of jute around it and secure with hot glue.
8. Loop a section of twine 3-4 times for a halo. Glue ends together.
9. Sponge cream-colored paint over the burlap, jute and twine with a foam brush and allow to dry.
10. Sponge mod podge over the cone and jute, heavier in some areas, and sprinkle with glitter. Allow to dry completely.
11. Sponge the halo and jute wings with cream-colored paint. Shape the jute wings into desired shape. Sprinkle with glitter and let dry.
12. If desired, embellish with a small cut section of seasonal greens and berries.