Safety Pin Necklace and Earrings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4mm x 6mm hematite crystal rondelles
- 8mm x 6mm hematite crystal rondelles
- 6/0 black seed beads
- 10/0 black seed beads
- Small & medium safety pins
- Round jump rings
- Small silver chain
- Silver lobster clasp
- 26-gauge silver wire
- Silver earwires
1. Start by stringing two 8mm x 6mm crystals onto each medium safety pin. Make a total of 50 beaded pins.
2. Next, pin a clump of 10 safety pins together into a pleasing shape. Play around with different connection possibilities to get to the desired shape.
3. Repeat this shape exactly 4 more times.
4. Connect the 5 shapes together with round jump rings.
5. Cut two pieces of chain, each 4" long. Connect one end of each chain to each end of your safety pins, using jump rings.
6. Finish the ends of the chain with a lobster clasp.
EARRINGS:1. Start by stringing two 4mm x 6mm crystal rondelles onto small safety pins. Repeat to create 10 beaded pins.
2. Open a large round jump ring. Slide the small ends of each of these beaded pins on to it, each facing in the same direction.
3. Cut a piece of 26-gauge silver wire, about 8" long. String the opposite ends of the safety pins onto this wire. When all are strung, bring both open ends of the wire together and form a wrapped loop.
4. Connect the wrapped loop to an earwire using a silver jump ring and repeat all steps to create the second earring.