Saffari Wood and Brass Ensemble
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Advantus/Sulyn:Asian Flair round small acrylic beads strand - orangeOval faceted glass beads strand - persimmonSafari Tour wood/acrylic beads strand - walnut brownSafari Tour resin/wood beads strand – giraffe
- Jewelry Fundamentals:Antique brass finish assorted finding kitCopper Canyon mix glass beads
- 52" of 1/2 mm stretch cord
- 28" of tigertail beading wire
- 2 crimps/covers
- Wire cutters
- Flat nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
1. Make a charm by sliding on beads and making a plain loop.
2. Attach ear wire and repeat for second one.
1. Cut 36" of stretch cord.
2. Cut in half.
3. Slide Giraffe print bead on both cords, centered, as in illustration.
4. Slide on small beads to both sides.5. Slide on glass bead on both cords as in step 3, but beads do not need to be centered.
6. Continue with wood beads and small beads on both sides.
7. Finish by sliding on orange round beads and the wheel.
8. Tie a surgeon’s knot, and glue for security.
1. Cut a 12" and a 16" length of tigertail.
2. String beads on tigertail.
3. Attach to chain by sliding a crimp bead on both wires, feeding wires through links of chain and back through crimp.
4. Squeeze crimp closed. Repeat for other side.
5. Cut excess wire.
6. With the 16" of stretch cord, weave through the links of the chain.
7. Tie a surgeon’s knot, and add glue for security for each end link.
8. Trim excess stretch cord.