SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid FolkArt High Definition Paint: Aqua, Baby Pink, Burnt Sienna, Butter Pecan, Forest Moss, Green Forest, Fresh Foliage, Lavender, Magenta, Sunflower, Ultramarine Blue, Wicker White, Yellow Citron, Yellow Ochre
- FolkArt One Stroke High Definition Visual Texture Paintbrush sets: detail, background & highlight
- FolkArt One Stroke High Definition Visual Texture tool kit
- Artist canvas: 16"x20", 9"x12"
- Tacky glue
- Lay the smaller canvas on top of the larger canvas and mark for placement.
- Paint background of larger canvas 1st. Glue smaller canvas to larger & allow to dry. Paint background. Blend together.
- Use the following colors when creating the backgrounds: Sky: Lavender, Wicker White; Horizon: Ultramarine Blue, Wicker White, Aqua; Grassy area: Forest Moss, Yellow Citron, Baby Pink, Sunflower, Butter Pecan, Yellow Citron.
- Use flocked Texture Tool head to paint backgrounds, using a crisscross motion. Avoid over-blending colors.
- For the Grassy Area, apply extra Fresh Foliage to the lower left corner, with a touch of Butter Pecan and Yellow Citron. Allow all backgrounds to dry to the touch.
- Double-load 1" flat brush with Yellow Ochre and Wicker White. Using flat side of the brush, paint bottom of boats. Occasionally pick up Burnt Sienna and Sunflower to add definition & differentiate boats.
- Using same brush and colors, paint masts using the chisel edge of the brush.
- Load 1" flat brush with Wicker White. Using flat side of brush, paint sails. Pick up touch of Lavender & Butter Pecan; stroke over sails to add color and create folds. Use chisel edge of brush to pull ropes on sailboat in the foreground. Use #10 flat brush & the same colors and techniques to paint smaller boat on larger canvas.
- Stems & Grass: Double load 1" flat brush with Fresh Foliage & Yellow Citron. Using chisel edge & heavy pressure, pull grass blades up from bottom. Use heavy pressure to make blades wide & use less pressure to make blades thin.
- Flowers: Double load #16 flat brush with Magenta & Baby Pink. Using flat side of brush, paint the flowers. Double load #16 flat brush with Sunflower & Butter Pecan. Dabbing lightly on chisel edge, add centers to flowers. Occasionally pick up touch of Wicker White to highlight.