Salt & Pepper Crystal Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sterling Elegance:
- 10-pc headpin, 35mm
- One 7-1/2" twisted double chain
- 34-pc round bead, 3mm
- 40-pc open jump ring, 6mm
- 18-pc eye pin, 35mm
- 1 toggle closure
- Round pliers
- Jewelry wire cutter
- Jolee's Crystals, Salt & Pepper Mixes:
- 30-pc bicone, 4mm
- 15-pc bicone, 6mm
- 7-pc bicone, 8mm
- Make beaded link segments first. Thread black bicones onto an eye pin: a 4mm, a 6mm and a 4mm. Finish with a simple top loop. Leave 1/4" of wire and trim excess. Make nine black links.
- Thread a 4mm black bicone, an 8mm black diamond-shaped bicone and a 4mm black bicone onto eye pin. Finish with a simple top loop. Make two links.
- Thread a 3mm silver round, a 4mm black bicone and a 3mm silver round onto eye pin. Finish with a simple loop. Make two links.
- Make one link by threading a 4mm black bicone, a 6mm black diamond-shaped and a 4mm bicone onto an eye pin and finish with a simple loop.
- Cut four lengths each of chain: 6 links, 3 links, 5 links and 9 links. This is the order of chains from the clasp down to the Y.
- Create short chain lengths by linking together 6mm jump rings. Begin with a single jump ring, then attach two jump rings to the single jump ring and continue through single jump ring. Open and close jump rings with a side-twist motion so circle retains its shape. Create four 5-jump-ring-lengths of chain (doubles on every other jump ring), then two 7-jump-ringlengths of chain.
- Lay out bead links, chains and jump ring chains following the photo as a guide. Additional jump rings will be used to connect the pieces such as the clasp ends and in between segments.
- To create the dangles for the Y, thread a 3mm silver round and a black diamond 4mm bicone onto a headpin and finish with a simple top loop. Make five 4mm black diamond-shaped dangles. Thread an 8mm black bicone onto a headpin and finish with a top loop. Make three 8mm black dangles. Make one dangle by threading a 6mm black bicone and a 4mm black bicone onto a headpin and finish with a top loop. Make one dangle by threading two 6mm black bicones onto a headpin and finish with a top loop. Make one dangle by threading an 8mm black diamond-shaped bicone and a 4mm black bicone onto a headpin and finish with a top loop. Follow the photo when attaching dangles.
- Complete necklace by attaching the clasp.