Salted Turtle Cookie Cups
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Bake Easy!® Non-Stick Spray
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- 14-1/2"x20" Cooling Grid
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract
- 25 caramels, unwrapped
- 5 teaspoons water
- 42 pecan halves
- 1 cup Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts Candy, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare mini muffin pan with Bake Easy! non-stick spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- In large bowl, beat shortening, butter and brown sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Press dough into prepared pan, filling pan cavities 2/3 full.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until light brown around edges. Remove from oven and immediately press centers of cookies with a small spoon to make a cup (a measuring spoon works well). Cool in pan on cooling grid 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on cooling grid.
- In medium microwave-safe container, combine caramels and water. Microwave at half (50%) power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until caramel is melted and smooth. Fill cookie cups with caramel and immediately place a pecan half on top of each cookie. Drizzle with melted candy and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.