SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut Expression® 2 Electronic Cutting Machine
- Cricut® Everyday Cartridge: A Quilted Christmas
- Fat Quarters: pink, white, black, gray, peach
- Heavy-duty, double-sided iron-on fabric stabilizer
- Iron and ironing board
- Floss: white
- Cardstock: white
- Heat and Bond
- Tree skirt
- Thin batting
- Thin marker
1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to iron on stabilizer to fabric. Remove paper backing before placing fabric on cutting mat.
2. Create Santa shadow. Using A Quilted Christmas cartridge and white fabric, select Shadow feature and cut one 9" <Santa2>. Repeat cut using Flip function. Cut flipped shadow again from white cardstock.
3. Use cardstock shadow as a pattern for batting. Use marker to trace shadow onto batting. Cut just inside the marker line.
4. Place batting between white fabric shadow pieces. Iron together according to manufacturer’s instructions. Use floss to blanket stitch around edges.
5. Create Santa. Using peach fabric, cut one 9" <Santa2>. Repeat cut using white fabric and Layer 2 feature. Using pink fabric, press Shift and cut one 9" <Santa2-s>. Repeat cut using black fabric and Layer 1 feature. Repeat cut using gray fabric and Layer 2 feature.
6. Use iron and Heat and Bond to layer embellishment on tree skirt.