SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paints: Avocado, Burnt Umber, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Light Buttermilk, Tomato Red, Citron Green
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics, Glorious Gold
- DecoArt® Multi-Purpose Sealer
- 7" ready-to-finish wood star plaque
- 1/4" red ribbon
- 3/4" brass cup hook
- Vintage door key
- Sawtooth picture frame hanger
- 10/0 liner brush
- #2 round brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- Black fine liner pen
- Palette paper
- Tracing paper
- Paper towels
1. Sand, seal and re-sand wood star plaque.
2. Basecoat star with two coats of Light Buttermilk; basecoat sides with Tomato Red. Let dry.
3. Create design on tracing paper. Center design and transfer design onto surface with graphite.
4. Basecoat letter “S” Tomato Red. When dry, paint with two coats of Glorious Gold.
5. Branches are painted using 10/0 liner brush and Burnt Umber.
6. Pine needles are painted with thinned Avocado using 10/0 liner brush. Add Citron Green needles using 10/0 liner brush.
7. Basecoat holly leaves Hauser Light Green. Shade to one side of each holly leaf with side load float of Hauser Medium Green on 1/2" flat brush.
8. Allow all paint to dry thoroughly.
9. Outline holly leaves and add center vein with fine liner pen. To give extra depth to pine boughs, use liner pen to add pine needles where desired.
10. Berries are dotted on with end of liner brush using Tomato Red.
11. Let all dry, then add Light Buttermilk highlight dots with stylus.
12. Paint a coat of Glorious Gold over Tomato Red sides on plaque. Let dry.
13. Attach sawtooth hanger to back and cup hook to base of “S”.
14. Tie length of ribbon to key and hang it from cup hook.