Sassy Shibori-Dyed T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One-Step Fashion Dyes: black, blue
- Dye Surface Cover
- Gray T-shirt
- Rubber gloves
- PVC pipe
- Washing machine & dryer
- Prewash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with Dye Surface Cover. Lay damp shirt on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves fill dye bottles with water to line. Replace caps tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- Place PVC pipe on top of the bottom left corner of damp t-shirt. Roll corner of shirt up around pipe and continue to the middle of shirt, leaving the top of shirt laying flat. Scrunch fabric tightly around pipe.
- Squeeze black dye onto scrunched portion of shirt. Unwrap from pipe.
- Lay shirt out flat. Squeeze blue dye onto top right of shirt in a random fashion.
- Cover fabric with Dye Surface Cover and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap and dry in dryer.