Scrollwork Felt Necklace
- 28-gauge wire
- 4"x18" felt pieces: light gray,
dark gray, medium gray
- 1 strand large circle beads, lapis
- 1 strand shell beads, gray
- 1 strand ceramic beads, gray
- 1 strand round beads, blue
- 1 pkg crimp beads, silver
- Tacky glue
- 1 spool tiger tail
- 1/8" wide hole punch
- Bent-nose pliers
- Crimp tool
- Wire cutter
- Ruler or measuring tape
1. Cut felt into 18" long strips, each 1/2" wide. Set aside.
2. Cut a piece of tiger tail 15" long.
3. At one end of tiger tail, string one silver crimp bead. Thread the same end back though crimp bead. Pull end to make a small loop. Close crimp bead.
4. Thread one end of light gray felt strip through tiger tail loop. Fold end to create a 1/2" overlap. Glue in place.
5. String one gray shell bead onto tiger tail.
6. Punch a 1/8" hole at one end of felt strip. String onto tiger tail.
7. Continue to fold felt around strung beads of choice by punching felt with 1/8" hole punch and stringing felt onto tiger tail.
8. To create a name, place one 18" long piece of 28-gauge wire between two felt strips. Glue the edges of the felt strips together with wire in the middle using tacky glue. Set aside to dry.
9. Once dry, start to form letter shapes. Punch holes where necessary and string the letters onto the tiger tail. Use beads and crimp beads to hold the letters in place.
10. Take another felt strip and continue to fold felt around strung beads of choice by punching felt with
1/8" hole punch and stringing felt onto tiger tail.
11. Finish with one gray shell bead at end of tiger tail.
12. Thread one crimp bead onto tiger tail. Thread same end back through crimp bead. Pull end to make a small loop. Close crimp bead.
13. Thread one end of light gray felt strip through tiger tail loop. Fold end to create a 1/2" overlap. Glue in place. Tie necklace at back neck to secure. Trim felt strip if necessary.