SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fun-Kins Carvable Pumpkins, various sizes
- Acrylic paint in colors of choice
- Paintbrushes -- 1" detail, 1/2" flat
- Spray gloss varnish
- Dimensional paint, copper & iridescent brown
- Plate for paint
TIPS: Paint Fun-Kins Carvable Pumpkins in 2 stages -- first with stem up, second with stem down. When painting the bottom, stand it -- stem down -- in a container that supports it until it's dry. To get spray gloss varnish at the base, insert a disposable cup or other tall object inside the hole at the bottom to lift it from the surface. After spraying the surface that faces you, rotate pumpkin to get the other surfaces. Spray the stem from the top, as well.
- Basecoat the entire pumpkin with acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Shake the dimensional paint bottle to get a full load of paint at the nozzle. Beginning at the stem, create a swirl. Continue around the stem, varying the swirls, and building upon the original ones. Continue about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way down the pumpkin.
- Add dots to the design, if desired.
- Return to the stem and decorate it.
- Set pumpkin aside to dry.