Seed Bead Butterfly Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 Butterfly connectors, antique silver
- Lobster clasp, silver
- 1 hank seed beads
- 22 clamshell bead tips, silver
- 2 oval jump rings, silver
- 1 spool heavy beading thread
- Wire cutters
- Pliers: flat-nose, round-nose
- Jewelry glue
- Cut 40" length of heavy beading thread.
- String a seed bead onto center of thread and make a knot.
- Pass both thread ends through a clamshell bead tip from top to bottom, placing a seed bead between 2 half shells; close clamshell bead tip.
- String seed beads along 10-1/4" of one thread and along 11" of the other; pass both threads together through another clamshell bead tip from bottom to top.
- String seed bead onto both threads in opposite directions and make a double knot. Trim excess thread; add small amount of jewelry glue.
- Close clamshell bead half shells using pliers.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 to create six more necklace strands (two seed bead strands each):
1st strand: 10-1/2" and 11"
2nd strand: 11-1/2" and 12"
3rd strand: 12-1/2" and 13"
4th strand: 13-1/2" and 14"
5th strand: 14-1/2" and 15"
6th strand: 15-1/2" and 16"
7th strand: 16-1/2" and 17"
- Connect seed bead strands; attach clamshell bead tips to bottom butterfly connector loops in length order with round-nose pliers.
- Cut 20" beading thread.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to create 5" of seed beads on both threads. Make 4 total.
- Twist each of 4 beaded strands; attach each pair to oval jump ring on one side and to 2 upper loops of butterfly connector on the other. Attach lobster clasp to oval jump rings.