Sensory Bags for Toddlers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars® 8" Amplify RazorEdge Fabric Shears
- Soft cotton fabric
- Colorful fleece
- Coordinating embroidery thread
- Coordinating thread
- Printer paper
- Choose soft cotton fabrics and colorful fleece fabrics for the sensory bags.
- Using a computer, choose a variety of shapes to print out on standard paper, or draw freehand.
- Using the Fiskars 8" Amplify RazorEdge Fabric Shears cut out the shapes from the paper. The shapes will be used as guides to cut out the fabric/fleece shapes.
- Pin the paper shapes onto the fabric/fleece. Use the Fiskars 8" Amplify RazorEdge Fabric Shears to cut carefully around each shape. Note: two of each shape are needed to form one sensory bag.
- Each bag must be sewn. Fleece bags can be hand sewn around each edge; fabric bags can be machine sewn.
- Sew almost completely around each shape, leaving a small gap to add filling. The filling can be either dried beans or rice.
- After filling each shape, carefully sew each shape shut.