Sew Decorated Letters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache letters: S, E, W
- Paints: Lime, Aqua, Purple
- Green yarn
- Purple buttons
- Ribbon and rick-rack in coordinating colors
- Embroidery floss & needle
- Tacky glue
- Double-sided tape
- Straight pins
1. Paint the letters: S - Purple; E - Lime; W - Aqua
2. Sew floss through the buttons and glue onto the letter “S."
3. Wrap the yarn around the letter, securing awkward corners with straight pins and glue. Tie a bow around the wrapped letter, and glue a button at the knot.
4. Attach ribbon and rick rack to the letter, using glue for the heavier trims, and double-sided tape for the thinner ribbons. Trim the edges. Thread ribbon through two of the buttons with large holes, tie a knot, trim the ends, and glue to the letter.