Sewing Machine Cover
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Coats Dual Duty XP™ All Purpose thread
- 1 yard green fabric for cover
- 1 yard coordinating solid color fabric for lining
- 3 Fat Quarters coordinating prints for pockets
- 2 yards fusible fleece
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Finished sized: 18” wide x 13” high x “8 deep
Cut the following:
18- 1/2” x 13-1/2” rectangles, 2 each from outer cover fabric, lining and fusible fleece
8-1/2” x 44” strip, 1 each from outer cover fabric, lining and fusible fleece
12-1/2” x 6-1/2” strips of 3 coordinating fabrics for pockets
6-1/4” x 18-1/2” strip of fusible fleece for pockets
NOTE: All seam allowances are 1/4" and are included in the given measurements.
1. Fuse the fleece to the wrong sides of the fabrics for the outer cover.
2. Using a saucer as a pattern round off the top left and right corners, leaving the 2 remaining corners squared. Repeat with the lining fabric.
3. Stitch the long sides of the 3 green/pink pocket pieces together. Fuse the 6-1/4” x 18-1/2” piece of fusible fleece to the wrong side, aligning the sides and one long edge, across the 3 pockets. Fold the pocket section, wrong sides facing. This forms a lining.
4. Using the all-purpose thread, stitch 1/4" from the seam lines of the pockets to secure the layers together. Pin the pocket to the bottom front of the outer cover. Stitch along the ditch of the seam lines.
5. Place the fleeced cover and the lining together, right sides facing, and stitch around the bottom edge, leaving a 4” opening along the bottom back for turning.
6. Turn the covering right side out through the turning opening and hand stitch the opening closed.