Sewing Rick Rack
- Wash, dry and press rickrack before sewing it to the project.
- To hold the rickrack in place for sewing use Wash Away Wonder Tape. It’s much easier and more accurate than using pins. A fabric glue stick works as well; just wait until the glue is dry before sewing.
- Sew a straight stitch down the middle of the rickrack to hold it in place.
- Use matching thread or invisible thread when applying the rickrack to the surface of a project.
- Rickrack can be applied in several ways for different looks.
- It can be sewn with a straight stitch on the top side of fabric so the entire zig-zag shape is seen.
- It can be inserted into a seam and only half of the rick rack shows, making points along the seam.
- It can be sewn along the inside at the bottom of a finished hem so only the points peak out below the hem.