SUPPLIES & TOOLS
OLFA® Splash™ 45mm Rotary Cutter
OLFA® Rotary Circle Cutter
OLFA® Self-Healing Rotary Mat
OLFA® 6"x24" Ruler
½ yard - main fabric color
¼ yard - fabric for cuff
6"x20" plastic canvas
Scrap of batting
Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut 2 circles (main fabric) - 6-1/2", 2 side pieces (main fabric) - 19-1/3"x6-1/2", 1 piece (cuff fabric) 20"x6-
1/2", 1 piece (plastic canvas) - 20"x6". NOTE: seam allowance 1/4" unless otherwise noted.
2. Put the two circles wrong sides together and baste around the outside edge.
3. Sew the two side pieces into two separate cylinders.
4. Slip one cylinder into the other with wrong sides together.
5. Baste the bottom edges together.
6. Sew the bottom of the cylinder to the circle. Note: There will be a raw edge on the bottom of the canister.
7. Slip the plastic canvas in between the two cylinders.
8. Baste the top of the cylinders together.
9. Sew the cuff fabric to make a cylinder.
10. Iron cuff cylinder in half, with wrong sides together.
11. Insert a single layer of batting, cut to the size of the folded cuff.
12. Match the raw edge of the folded cuff to the top of the sides, putting the cuff on the inside of the cylinder.
13. Sew cuff to sides, using a 1/2" seam allowance. Note: You can sew through the plastic canvas.
14. Turn cuff to outside of canister