THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF SEQUIN FABRICS:
Type A are sewn on; Type B are glued on (such as Confetti Dot).
TIPS FOR BOTH TYPES OF SEQUIN FABRIC
• Use a dedicated pair of sharp scissors. Sequins can dull scissors quickly.
• When selecting a pattern, choose a simple design without darts and with few pattern pieces. The focus of the garment will be on the fabric, not on complicated design lines.
• It is recommended to choose a different fabric for sleeves, such as chiffon or organza, as sequin sleeves may catch on the body of the garment.
• To cut out garment, turn the fabric face down with wrong side facing up. Pin the pattern pieces to the fabric, inserting pins between the sequins.
• Adjust the stitch length on the sewing machine to 10 stitches per inch. Use longer stitch length for stronger seams. Sew the fabric using a straight stitch.
• Finger press open seams on the fabric. To prevent fabric damage; don’t iron.
TIPS FOR TYPE A SEQUIN FABRIC ONLY
• Remove any sequins from the seam allowances of the fabric before sewing.
• After cutting out the garment, mark the seam line with dressmaker’s chalk. Any sequin which overlaps the chalk line should be removed.
• Sequins are stitched to the fabric in a line. To prevent raveling and loosening of sequins, pull the thread aside with tweezers. Use tiny scissors to cut from the outer edge of the sequin to the center, avoiding the thread. This will remove the sequin while leaving the thread intact.
• When finished sewing, hand sew sequins to cover bare spots along seam line.
• Removing sequins from within the seam allowance allow seam to lay flat.
• Seam finishes are not easy on Type A sequin fabrics, so line the entire garment.
• Make a faced hem by cutting a bias strip of soft fabric, such as satin, 3" wide. Stitch right sides together to the hem of the sequined fabric. Turn under the facing and hem in place at the top of the facing with hand stitching. The same technique can be used at necklines or armholes with a 1" strip of bias fabric.
TIPS FOR TYPE B SEQUIN FABRIC ONLY
• Use a denim needle. Have spare needles ready in case of breakage or dulling of the needle.
• To reduce gumming of the needle as it pierces the glued-on sequins, cut wax paper into strips, place over the seam line and sew. Remove the wax paper after sewing.
• Do not remove sequins from the seam allowance. Sequins cannot be glued back on. These sequins are plastic and can be sewn through with the heavier needle.
CAMO PENCIL SEQUIN SKIRT
Pattern provided is for 24" waist/34" hips. Enlarge pattern to actual measurements shown, then adjust as needed for desired size.
To print the pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
1. Cut out pattern from sequin fabric and lining.
2. Cut waistband from leather look fabric.
3. Sew front and back of sequin fabric.
4. Sew front and back of lining.
5. Press seams open.
6. Baste sequin and lining together at waist.
7. Install waistband.
8. Top stitch lace to waistband.
9. Sew center back seam.
10. Install zipper.
11. Finish hem.
12. Finish vent and top stitch.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>