Shabby Chic Jewelry Keeper
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Krylon® ColorMaster™: Watermelon, Citrus Green, Satin Leather Brown, Satin Sea Glass
- Hardboard: 1/8" thick to fit frame
- Muslin: Few inches larger than the frame
- Chicken wire: 2-3" larger than the frame
- Batting: Low loft, to fit hardboard
- Buttons: 1 for each clothespin
- Spring-loaded clothespins
- 1 yd white embroidery floss
- Kraft paper
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- White glue
- Wire cutters
- Masking paper & tape
- Saw (optional)
1. Spray paint frame with ColorMaster™ Watermelon; repeat coats for desired coverage.
2. Measure inside of frame to determine size of board to be cut. Cut board with a saw or have it cut at hardware store.
3. Use wire cutters to cut chicken wire 2-3" larger than the hardboard. Spray paint wire with ColorMaster™ Satin Leather Brown.
4. Cut batting to size of the board, do not wrap around edges; hot glue batting in place.
5. Cover batting & board with muslin; wrap around to backside of board; hot glue in place.
6. Wrap chicken wire tightly around covered board; bend wire to lay flat against backside of board.
7. Insert covered board into frame; secure on back with hot glue in corners & around edges.
8. Cover back of frame with kraft paper & white glue.
9. Spray paint clothespins & buttons in a variety of colors; allow to dry.
10. Thread embroidery floss through holes of buttons; knot on the front side.
11. Hot glue buttons to clothespins.
12. Use clothespins to hang objects on chicken wire.