Shades of Peace T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One-Step Tie-Dye Kits, vibrant lime
- One-Step Fashion Dyes, turquoise
- Large Peace Glam-It-Up! Iron-On Fashion Design
- Fashion Form
- 1 pkg each Scribbles Permanent Fabric Markers: neon, primary
- White T-shirt
- Plastic trash bag
- Large paper towel roll
- Plastic wrap
- White chalk
- 2 small spray bottles
- Iron, pressing cloth, ironing surface
- Paper towels
- Washing machine & dryer
- Plain paper & pencil
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color & design placement.
- Cover work surface with plastic trash bag. Cover paper towel roll with plastic wrap. Place the roll horizontally in the center of the work surface.
- Wet shirt, wring dry. Place shirt vertically on roll with center portion of shirt with top and bottom draping over. Scrunch sides together toward the center, creating small folds. Scrunch portions draping over top & bottom.
- Wearing gloves from dye box, fill vibrant lime & turquoise dye bottles with water to lines indicated. Fill spray bottles with dye. Replace lids. Shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Start spraying paper towel to get a feel for spray. Spray vibrant lime along top third of shirt, carefully lifting shirt while keeping scrunched together & spraying same area on back of shirt. Spray remaining bottom portion of shirt (front & back) with turquoise. Press shirt together again when finished.
- Let set 4 to 6 hours. Wash with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry & iron smooth.
- Insert Fashion Form into shirt. Draw large peace sign on paper.
- Turn over peace sign pattern & trace along lines with white chalk. Position on T-shirt, chalk side down. Hold with your hand, then run finger over pattern lines to transfer chalk design.
- Fill in design with Scribbles Permanent Fabric Markers. Start at top of design with pink then add red, blending colors where they meet. Fill entire design. Remove shirt board & allow to dry.
- Cut Peace iron-on, separating word from symbol. Remove backing. Position designs. Press to secure. Cover with pressing cloth & iron in place following package instructions. When cool, remove plastic cover.
- Follow package instructions for care of garment.