SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® Permanent Fabric Dye -- black
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Glass Crystals -- black
- Tulip® Cordless Heat-Setting Tool
- White jeans – 100% cotton
- 4" flat paint brush
- Water container
- Bucket large enough to hold mixed dye
- Disposable plastic tablecloth
- Large plastic stirring spoon
- Measuring cups
- Clothesline & clothespins
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Wash jeans and leave damp; do not use fabric softener.
2. Mix dye according to package instructions in large bucket.
3. Holding damp jeans at waistband, submerge about one-third into bucket and quickly remove.
4. Lay jeans on covered work surface. Use a paintbrush dipped in water container to blend dye upward, adding a small amount of dye to water as needed to achieve ombré effect and blend dye lines for a smooth color transition. Turn jeans over and repeat on the back.
5. Continue dipping and brushing jeans until desired effect is achieved. Hang jeans on a clothesline until dry.
6. Wash and dry jeans according to dye package instructions.
7. Use the Cordless Heat-Setting Tool to apply crystals along top edge of each pocket.