Shadowbox Serving Tray
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Shadowbox or other deep frame
- Purse handles
- Faux leather, or other fabric or ribbon of choice
- Green fabric
- Green scrapbook paper with pre-cut design
- Chipboard alphabets, 3 styles of choice
- K&Company fabric-covered brads
- Large & small adhesive dots
- Screws and washers, 4 each
- Tacky glue
- Drill & hammer
- Disassemble frame. Cover cardboard backing with green fabric; adhere with tacky glue along edges. Trim excess fabric.
- Using tacky glue, attach green scrapbook paper to fabric at several points.
- Arrange chipboard letters to spell BON APPETIT 3 times. Glue them into place. Attach 2 brads as dots on the first and third BON APPETIT.
- Cut four 5-1/2"x4" rectangles from faux leather. Fold into 3rds, lengthwise, bend in half, and cut the ends into a rounded shape.
- Center the purse handles on the edge of the frame, loop leather strips around the loop of the handle and attach to the frame with a screw and small washer.
- Break the prongs from the brads and reshape the brad undersides with a screwdriver and hammer to make them concave-shaped.
- Cover the heads of the screws with the reshaped brads; glue in place. When glue is dry, reassemble frame.