Shamrock Cookies Filled and Dipped
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Shamrock Comfort-Grip Cookie Cutter
- 14"x20" Jumbo Cookie Sheet
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 9" Angled Spatula
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lbs. Tub
- Parchment Paper
- Candy Melts® Candy: Dark Green (12 oz. makes 6 to 8 treats), Light Cocoa (12 oz. makes 6 to 8 treats)
- Candy Melts® Decorating Tip Set (ribbon tip used) (two needed)
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bag
- St. Patrick’s Day Nonpareils
- Dark Green Colored Sugar
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Rolling pin
- Mini marshmallows, cut in half
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Food-safe scissors
1. Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use shamrock Comfort-Grip to cut shapes. Bake cookies and allow to cool completely.
2. Ice cookies. Use spatula and decorator icing to ice cookies smooth. Press mini marshmallow halves, chocolate chips and chopped nuts lightly into icing.
3. Cover cookies. Place cookies on cooling grid placed over parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Melt dark green and light cocoa Candy Melts candy, separately, in disposable decorating bags fitted with ribbon tip and coupler from decorating tip set according to decorating tip set package directions. Pipe melted candy over cookies. Tap cooling grid gently to smooth and remove excess candy.
4. Decorate cookies. Immediately sprinkle with nonpareils or dark green sugar. Use spatula to transfer cookies to parchment paper-covered cookie sheets. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Add another color of melted Candy Melts® candy to these shamrock cookies. Simply drizzle either melted white or vibrant green candy once the first candy coating has set.