Shannon Owl Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cousin®:Silver Accents with Gold Enamel (1 pk)Gold Connectors (2 pk)Gold Rhinestone Drops (1 pk)Brown Acrylic Ovals (1 pk)Antique Gold Chain (1 pk)
- Antique gold eye pins (7 pc)
- Antique gold 4mm jump rings (22 pc)
- Antique gold 6mm jump rings (3 pc)
- Antique gold lobster claw clasp (1 pc)
- Needle nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Cut (2) 16" lengths of chain.
2. Attach the clasp to one end of the chain using a 4mm jump ring. Use a 4mm jump ring to connect a 6mm jump ring to one end of the second chain.
3. Using 4mm jump rings, attach the wide end of a small teardrop connector to each chain.
4. Link (3) 4mm jump rings together and attach one end to a flower connector. Attach the other end of the linked jump rings to the same loop of a teardrop connector that a 16" chain is attached to. Repeat this for the second connector and 16" chain.
5. Use a 4mm jump ring to attach the narrow end of a teardrop connector to a loop of the coordinating flower connector. Repeat this for the other side of the necklace. This forms the eyebrows and the eyes of the owl.
6. Use 4mm jump rings to link the narrow ends of the two teardrop connectors to the wide end of a third connector (the nose portion of the owl).
7. Cut (3) 1" lengths of chain.
8. Use a 4mm jump ring to connect one loop of the silver connector to a bottom loop of a flower connector and slide the chain behind the loop of the silver connector before closing the jump ring. Repeat this for the other side of the necklace and connector.
9. Use a 4mm jump ring to connect the last chain length to the bottom loop of the teardrop connector (the nose). The chain will be hidden behind the silver connector.
10. Use a 4mm jump ring to gather the ends of the three chains together.
11. Using eye pins, make 7 brown oval bead links.
12. Attach a gold/rhinestone drop to three of the bead links. Link (2) 4mm jump rings together and connect to one of the bead links. Attach the bead links to the jump ring from step 9, the link with the additional jump rings should be in the center of the group.
13. Attach a link to each of the loops of the silver connector.
14. Attach 4mm jump rings to the remaining two bead links. Use 6mm jump rings to attach a bead links to each of the loops of the silver connector, connecting the jump rings below the links from step 13.