Sharpie Painted Letters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sharpie paint markers
- Darice craft foam sheets: regular & adhesive-backed
- Scissors or craft knife
- Optional: Ribbon or magnets
- With the cap in place, shake the paint marker thoroughly. Do not shake the marker with the cap off or you will create a big mess!
- Twist the cap to break the cellophane wrap, pump the tip a number of times on a scrap piece of paper until you see the ink charge down to the tip of the marker.
- Draw letters on a large sheet of Darice craft foam or adhesive-backed foam sheets in your favorite lettering style. You can draw each letter individually or connect as one word.
- Create border designs, dots, shading or a plaid design on each letter using a variety of colors and tip sizes. Have fun with your designs! Start with the lightest colors and work to the darkest.
- Let paint dry. Cut out letter with scissors or craft knife.
- Attach finished letters to a ribbon and use to display photos, or use them to embellish notebooks, scrapbooks and journals. Attach a magnet to create fun noteholders for mirrors or the refrigerator.